January can be a tough time for even the most body-positive babe, with non-stop targeted diet ads & everyone from family members to co-workers insisting on telling you how they just want to get healthy, so I wanted to take some time today to tell you 10 things you could probably do with hearing as we start 2017.
- The first step towards taking care of your body is to appreciate & respect it
- You are neither too much nor not enough
- The concept of beauty was designed to make you feel bad about yourself – it is deliberately exclusionary
- You do not have to listen to other people’s diet talk
- If you’re waiting until you have the perfect body you will be waiting forever
- You do not need to earn food
- Not everyone wants to lose weight
- Even medical experts are influenced by fatphobia & diet culture
- All food nourishes & replenishes you
- You are worthy of love
In all January’s chat about guilt & self-improvement (which I’m not actually opposed to necessarily, I just struggle to believe weight-loss is important or interesting enough to warrant being anyone’s top priority) please remember to take care of yourself in whatever way feels right for you.